The purpose of the Foundation Programme is to provide a systematic presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism.
New Foundation Program, studying the New Eight Steps to Happiness will begin in November 9, 2019. Contact us for more information.
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understanding the Mind
Benefits of the Foundation Programme (FP)
The benefits of studying and practising these texts are as follows:
Joyful Path of Good Fortune – we gain the ability to put all Buddha’s teachings of both Sutra and Tantra into practice. We can easily make progress on and complete the stages of the path to the supreme happiness of enlightenment. From a practical point of view, the Stages of the Path is the main body of Buddha’s teachings, and the other teachings are like its limbs.
Heart of Wisdom – we gain a realization of the ultimate nature of reality. By gaining this realization we can eliminate the ignorance of self-grasping, which is the root of all our suffering.
Meaningful to Behold – we transform our daily activities into the Bodhisattva’s way of life, thereby making every moment of our human life meaningful.
How to Understanding the Mind – we understand the relationship between our mind and its external objects. If we understand that objects depend upon the subjective mind, we can change the way objects appear to us by changing our own mind. Gradually we shall gain the ability to control our mind and in this way solve all our problems.
To assist the students to gain the actual experience from the teachings, students are required:
- To attend every class
- To prepare for each class by studying the appropriate section of the text
- To memorize the condensed meaning (outlines) and/or root text of the book
- To sit a test at the end of the course
- To attend at least one puja (chanted prayers) each week organized by the Centre, eg. Wishfulfilling Jewel, Tara Prayer, Powa, Medicine Buddha Prayer, Prayer for World Peace and Avalokiteshvara Prayer etc (this enables purification, collection of good fortune, and receiving special blessings to make the studies and meditations effective).
Correspondence/Home Study Programme
Students enrol for one subject at a time and to ensure the success of their studies they are required to memorize the condensed meaning (outlines) and/or root text of the book and to sit a test at the end of the course. Teachings can be downloaded online.
For further details please send an email to email@example.com